BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
wanderer_in_NJ
Calcite | Level 5

cfg.xml is (code follows)

<configuration>
 <property>
 <name>fs.default.name</name>
 <value>hdfs://servername.demo.sas.com:8020</value>
 </property>
 <property>
 <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
 <value>servername.demo.sas.com:8021</value>
 </property></configuration>

(end code)

when i run (code follows)

proc hadoop options = cfg authdomain = "HADOOP" verbose;

hdfs copyfromlocal = "/user/macros/test.dat"

out="/user/macros/test1.dat" overwrite;

run;

(code ends)

I get the following error:

ERROR: Specified AuthenticationDomain not found in foundation repository.

does that means hadoop is not installed correctly ? do i need sas/access hadoop to run it correctly ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anirbanroy
Fluorite | Level 6

Have you created a Authdomain named HADOOP in SMC which contains the user id and password. If not, then either create the authdomain in SMC or pass the userid and password through username= and password= in proc hadoop.

The error means that in your metadata foundation repository, authdomain HADOOP is not present. It has nothing to do with wrong installation of hadoop.

Yes, SAS Access to Hadoop is required to execute Proc Hadoop but seeing your log, I feel that you have that installed and configured.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
anirbanroy
Fluorite | Level 6

Have you created a Authdomain named HADOOP in SMC which contains the user id and password. If not, then either create the authdomain in SMC or pass the userid and password through username= and password= in proc hadoop.

The error means that in your metadata foundation repository, authdomain HADOOP is not present. It has nothing to do with wrong installation of hadoop.

Yes, SAS Access to Hadoop is required to execute Proc Hadoop but seeing your log, I feel that you have that installed and configured.

wanderer_in_NJ
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation