BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CarlM
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

How would I generate a self-signed certification and enable SSL  in JBoss for SAS 9.3 on a Solaris 10 machine.

Thanks -Carl Mathews

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Carl,

There's a great document about this in the Third-Party Software Reference and JBoss Application Server Documentation for SAS® 9.3 section of support.sas.com:

Configuring the JBoss Application Server for Secure Sockets Layer and Client-Certificate Authenticat...

It sounds like you just want One Way SSL-Authentication which is covered in the first part of the document.  The document also covers Two-Way SSL Authentication where, in addition to the server having an SSL certificate, the clients are also issued with individual SSL certificates for client authentication.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Carl,

There's a great document about this in the Third-Party Software Reference and JBoss Application Server Documentation for SAS® 9.3 section of support.sas.com:

Configuring the JBoss Application Server for Secure Sockets Layer and Client-Certificate Authenticat...

It sounds like you just want One Way SSL-Authentication which is covered in the first part of the document.  The document also covers Two-Way SSL Authentication where, in addition to the server having an SSL certificate, the clients are also issued with individual SSL certificates for client authentication.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

CarlM
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the Documentation

Carl Mathews

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation