BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ankur_patel_aig
Calcite | Level 5

Hello ,

I have workspace server log enable to capture our SAS session. This is SAS GRID installation.  SAS 9.4 M3

So when our user submit SAS EG session logs are generated fine. We also have users using SASGSUB to submit the job in batchmode. 

But seems like SASGSUB job does not generate workspace server log.

I was under an impression that it should. Because eventually it starts workspace session. Anything that start workspace session should create this log. 

Is there something I am missing ?

2 REPLIES 2
johedr
SAS Employee

@ankur_patel_aig,

SASGSUB does not start workspace servers. It runs SAS in batch mode.  SASGSUB produces standard SAS logs which can be retrieved by using the GRIDGETRESULTS command.

SASGSUB uses the sasgrid script which is configured to use LOGCONFIGLOC pointing to the logconfig.batch.xml.  The only other LOGCONFIGLOC specification that can be used without breaking STDIO redirection is logconfig.batch.trace.xml which puts out a lot more debugging information. Manually specifying other logconfig.xml files to produce other debugging, may break STDIO redirection, etc.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation