BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnMayner12
Calcite | Level 5

I was wondering why exactly does a Distributed LASR Deployment require a minimum of 4 servers?

https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikvisanlytofrvssr/73136/HTML/default/index.ht...

In a Distributed LASR deployment, SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics require a minimum of a 4-server, 16-core environment (4 servers X 4 cores) on commodity hardware with Intel Xeon architecture. A minimum of 16 GB of RAM is required per core (256 GB total).

I cannot find any documentation or explanations of why 4 servers are required.

Would anyone know?

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm guessing that trying to distribute processes across anything less than 4 servers would not be very efficient or effective. You likely be better off going non-distributed with more cores and avoid the overhead of distributing processes entirely.

I'm sure someone like @MargaretC could come up with a much more educated answer...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation