BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
thelmo
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am trying to identify all the users that connected to my platform SAS 9.4 and which program they used. To do it, I am checking the lines of the SAS Metadata Logs, but, there is a program that appears at the field "APPNAME=" that I am not sure which program could be. For example, I know that when I have a line with this information:

2019-09-10T01:09:35,527 INFO [00043824] :t.santos - New client connection (4525) accepted from server port 8561 for user t.santos. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:X.X.X.X]:39840 for APPNAME=Web Infra Platform Services 9.4 - SAS Studio Mid-Tier 3.71.

It means that the user t.santos connected to the platform using SAS Studio. 

But when I have this line below, I am not sure which program the user used:

2019-09-10T17:37:37,382 INFO [00000385] :t.santos - New client connection (5) accepted from server port 8561 for user t.santos. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:X.X.X.X]:39840 for APPNAME=SAS.

Could be BASE SAS? I mean, an user opening SAS Base direcly from the server?

I tryied to replicate this line opening Base SAS directly from my server while I was checking the logs with the command tail -f, but I didn't got this line.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@thelmo ,

That is the workspace server started from a command line:

./SASApp/WorkspaceServer.sh -nodms

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
alexal
SAS Employee

@thelmo ,

That is the workspace server started from a command line:

./SASApp/WorkspaceServer.sh -nodms

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation