BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dodecaphonic
Obsidian | Level 7

On a 3-server 9.3 M2 BI Platform (AIX 64 bits), users report having their WORK library contents deleted in the middle of their EG session. Available space is not an issue, and the OS is running smoothly. Session is not otherwise interrupted (connexion to metadata server is maintained). Any idea what / where to look next? Things had been running normally for quite some time before that happened.

The only thing I can think of, in terms of changes on the server side, was the /tmp directory being emptied before a restart. That was done after several years of leaving /tmp alone, which resulted in amassing loads of obsolete files and folders. I don't think it's very likely to be related but it's as much relevant info as I can think of right now.

Thx in advance

2 REPLIES 2
whymath
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Check the SAS log and find if there a "proc datasets" or "drop table" operation.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Do you have any server firewall rules in play with time limits on ports? For example do sessions drop after a period of inactivity like one hour? Both Metadata and App server ports are relevant. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation