BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
xxformat_com
Barite | Level 11

I've deleted SAS 9.4M5 in order to install SAS 9.4M8 on my PC.

I've run this program to check my graph setting.

I've tried with SAS Fundation and SAS Enterprise Guide

proc freq data=sashelp.class;
table sex / plots=freqplot;
run;

But get the following error message:

ERROR: The Java proxy is not responding.
ERROR: The Java proxy's JNI call to start the VM failed.
ERROR: Unable to load the Java Virtual Machine. Please see the installation instructions or
system administrator.
ERROR: Unable to load the Java Virtual Machine. Please see the installation instructions or
system administrator.

I've run

proc options option=jreoptions;
run;

Here is my output

JREOPTIONS=( -DPFS_TEMPLATE=C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\qrpfstpt.xml
-Djava.class.path=C:\PROGRA~1\SASHome\SASVER~1\eclipse\plugins\SASLAU~1.JAR -Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\Program
Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\sas.login.config -Djava.security.policy=C:\Program
Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\sas.policy -Djava.system.class.loader=com.sas.app.AppClassLoader
-Dlog4j.configurationFile=file:/C:/Program%20Files/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/tkjava/sasmisc/sas.log4j.properties
-Dsas.app.class.path=C:\PROGRA~1\SASHome\SASVER~1\eclipse\plugins\tkjava.jar -Dsas.ext.config=C:\Program
Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\sas.java.ext.config
-Dsas.jre.libjvm=C:\PROGRA~1\SASHome\SASPRI~1\9.4\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Dtkj.app.launch.config=C:\PROGRA~1\SASHome\SASVER~1\picklist -Xms128m -Xmx512m )
Specifies the Java Runtime Environment options for SAS.

I've seen that answer but I don't know which java version to go for? Java 11?

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/ERROR-The-Java-proxy-is-not-responding/m-p/149423#M394...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xxformat_com
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

Problem resolved.

I've downloaded the java files once again from https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=2684#

I've renamed jre folder to jre_old.

I've copied the new jre folder to that same location i.e. C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
xxformat_com
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

Problem resolved.

I've downloaded the java files once again from https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=2684#

I've renamed jre folder to jre_old.

I've copied the new jre folder to that same location i.e. C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation