BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

I just set up a one-machine Office Analytics server (9.4 TS1M6, not Viya), and must have missed something, but can't figure out what.

When I log on to SAS with my admin account, it works correctly - can load Studio, run code, etc.  But when I log on to SAS with my non-admin account, I get a 500 error from Studio, no actual load of Studio, and this in the SAS Studio log:

[tomcat-http--23] ERROR [unknown] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/SASStudio].[coderServlet] - Servlet.service() for servlet [coderServlet] in context with path [/SASStudio] threw exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create a user context for user: xxxuseridxxx@xxxadgroupxxx
at com.sas.svcs.authorization.impl.MetadataUserDetailsServiceWrapper.loadUserByUsername(MetadataUserDetailsServiceWrapper.java:147)

Metadata server log is clean (it shows the log in successfully).  I assume I must have missed something related to user access, but can't figure out what...

I initially thought it was due to the server team not adding LogOnAsBatch permissions to the user group we manage server access with, but they fixed that and it's still occurring.  I checked that the SAS Work folder has the right permissions (full control: folder only).

Any thoughts on what I should check next?  What logs should I be looking at for more information?  Will adding trace/debug level to Studio help here?  I don't think the SAS session is ever actually created, so I don't have a SAS log available to look at (unless I'm missing something) - nothing in \temp\SASStudioSessions anyway.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

So turns out this was something relatively trivial, but not obvious from the errors: I had forgotten to set the default ACT to allow our custom group permission to do anything (including read metadata, I'm guessing being the issue here).  Oops.  Fixing that made this go away.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

So turns out this was something relatively trivial, but not obvious from the errors: I had forgotten to set the default ACT to allow our custom group permission to do anything (including read metadata, I'm guessing being the issue here).  Oops.  Fixing that made this go away.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation