BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello Everyone

I am facing the issue in sas. When I try to connect sas unix server using signon its throwing below error.

ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occurred.
ERROR: Communication request rejected by partner: security verification failure.
ERROR: Remote signon to REMOTE canceled.
MPRINT(SIGNON2): NOMLOGIC ;
ERROR: Signon failed : rc_signon = 1
ERROR: mmmm ... did you change your password lately?
ERROR: If you did, make sure you change it in file p:\xxxx.sas
MPRINT(SIGNON): ;
MPRINT(SIGNON): rsubmit

I can connect with same credentials to other sas servers. Please advise?

10 REPLIES 10
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post your SIGNON code. For future reference always post both source code and error messages - without both we can only guess what might be happening. 

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

hare the Thanks for the quick reply. I could not share the signon macro. its very large code and also include confidential details. 

Could you please share the sample signon code then I will run and share the log

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I have no idea what the correct SIGNON code would be for your system - the configuration options will be unique to your site. I suggest you try taking the SIGNON statement out of your macro, test it separately (replace any macro references with hardcoding) then post the results.  

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@japsas100,

you would not need to share all the macro, just the bits related to the connection, and you can mask the host, the username and password, which we do not need. If you use a local or a ldap/ad account, that we would need to know.

Thank you.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You might need to change how you are trying to connect.

Many unix systems are now requiring the use of SSH connections and older telnet style connections we used to use with SAS/Connect are not supported.

34reqrwe
Quartz | Level 8

From your log:

ERROR: mmmm ... did you change your password lately?
ERROR: If you did, make sure you change it in file p:\xxxx.sas

This is a custom message that would have been defined by somebody at your site, and suggests your password is being stored in a file and needs to be kept updated.  Have you looked into this as being the possible cause of your problem ? 

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, the password is up to date. with the same password, I can access the other sas environment. 

Can you please advise how I can check the sas unix access as we don't have any metadata env.

We are using sas9.2 on Unix for submitting the batch sas jobs.

34reqrwe
Quartz | Level 8

You will need to post your signon code .

I also suggest you either:

1) talk to your unix administrators to confirm that you have the correct username and password  . 

2) signon to unix directly (e.g. using putty) to confirm that you have the correct username and password.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We can't really help you unless you post your actual SIGNON code. Using the SAS option MPRINT should add the SAS source code to your SAS log along with your notes and errors.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation