BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am using Base Sas 9.2  and trying to schedule a sas code through Window scheduler. The batch  file content are as below

C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\sas.exe" -CONFIG "C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\nls\en\SASV9.CFG" -SYSIN "C:\***\**\Desktop\Manny\test.sas"
-LOG "C:\***\**\Desktop\Manny\test.log

When I double click the bat file it executes without any error and save the output as per the code "test.sas", but when i try to schedule it through Windows Scheduler irespective of the fact that it shows successfull  the output and log file didn't get created .

Have refered the earlier blog but no help yet .

8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Moving to a more suitable forum so it hits the right audience.

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Be sure that you have assigned the proper user to execute the task, I think it defaults to "System", which may not always work.

When looking in WTS, what does the status/log say there?

Data never sleeps
Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Linush,

In task scheduler screen  hostory tab it is showing succsessfull , Not sure how to check Log. If it is about SAS log file it didn't generated.

is there a way wher we can check WTS log?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

try to schedule the task meking sure that:

- the user that will run the program is your user (the one you used for running it from command line, because it has to run with enough rights)

- If you are admin, ensure the tick Run with Admin Priviledges is enabled

- and enable to run the program "whether the user is logged in or not".

Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

I am trying to run the command using same id which i have used in command lines.

My ID has administrative rights , but not able to check the option  "ensure the tick Run with Admin Priviledges is enabled"

wheras i have an option called Run with highest privileges

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

My apologies, I meant "Run with highest privileges". Did you already tried to run with this option?

Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

All,

The issue got resolved , there are some setting that i need to update in task scheduler action windows and the task got executed succsefully .

Thanks for all the replies ,Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Manny

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Feel free to share which settings, so others can learn!
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation