BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Dear Friends,

Now I have ODBC connections to several SQL server database, Using Management Console I have built some libraries  and "successfully" registered with both tables and views. The displayed libname statement is as following:

LIBNAME T_SQL ODBC DATASRC=SQLDATA1 SCHEMA=DBO USER=XXX PASSWORD=XXX;

EG opens tables fine, but when try to open views (I can still see them), I got:

[Error] File SQLDATA1.VWXXX does not exist.

[Error] The metadata for the table/view  SQLDATA1.VWXXX does not exist.

Now is the puzzling part:  if I run the above libname statement using either Base or EG to define a library, views can be opened without issue. That hints pre-assigned option may work, but I want to avoid using pre-assigned setting unless it is absolutely necessary. So is it? is this the case that Meta engine can't have it covered?

Thank you in advance!

Haikuo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

for base library if you don't want to go for pre-assigned - following options would be work for you

use SASApp as Assigned selected server

on extended attributes tab :

fieldname: Assign Mode

Value: 2

description: Metaout=data

this behavior make it possible to add, modify, and delete table within the library...for the clients i guess...

you would not go for SASMeta as a selected server as you want makes Base libraries available clients...

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Thank you for your answer. SAS Tech support did have referred this same note to us. Unfortunately for some reason the option 2-3 did not work, we had to do "pre-assign" for a while, until we upgraded to M2, then it is all good.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation