BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
burchill
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a relatively simple ODBC connection from R to our SPDS server.  I can pull data out from the server - thanks for the prior input.   I now have users that want to write data back to the server and I am getting an SPDS_ERROR - writing to the server works but it is very slow.  I don't know if the returned error is associate with the speed or if that is another issue.

If anyone can shed some light on what the error means and if there might be a SPDS configuration option to adjust/account for the selection error.

I have attached the program that I am using - note I have reduced the size of the R data frame to a small number of records and fields.  It is the sqlSave() RODBC call that returns the error.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I don't know about the sqlsave operation, but clearly it issues invalid code. DICTIONARY.MACROS doesn't exist in SPDS, so it looks like a Base SAS adoptation.
Data never sleeps
burchill
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for the quick reply - since error is returned from a generic ODBC call to SPDS (no Base SAS) this must be part of the SAS ODBC driver. We have an update to SPDS (and corresponding drivers) happening this weekend so I post again on Monday if that doesn't resolve the issue.
burchill
Obsidian | Level 7
I should have said Windows Server 2012, SPDS 5.3, and RODBC 3.3.0.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Open a track to SAS Tech support wouldn't hurt in this situation.
Data never sleeps
burchill
Obsidian | Level 7

That was my next step - I wanted to see if there was any user experience with this error.   The community was helpful in getting ODBC query connection working before. 

burchill
Obsidian | Level 7

This has gone off to technical support.  The upgrade from 5.3x to 5.4 fixed one of the ODBC issues with client applications crashing after several queries, but this issue still exists.   Tech support is looking at this and I will post the follow-up.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation