BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
onuroruc
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

When I run sas services (./sas.servers start), SASInformationRetrievalStudioforSAS service does not work. when ı run this command; 

./IRStudio.sh start

I get this error;

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/sas/config/Lev1/Applications/SASInformationRetrievalStudioforSAS/start.py", line 24, in <module>
error_log_file = os.path.join(log_dir, "information-retrieval-studio-server-errors.log")
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/posixpath.py", line 94, in join
genericpath._check_arg_types('join', a, *p)
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/genericpath.py", line 151, in _check_arg_types
raise TypeError("Can't mix strings and bytes in path components") from None
TypeError: Can't mix strings and bytes in path components

How can ı fix it?

1 REPLY 1
sys-halt
SAS Employee

Hello,

A) Was it working before IRStudio?

B) What has changed from last time it was running?

C) Have you maybe updated Python version from 2.7 to 3.6?

D) If IRStudio was installed with 2.x and you have updated to 3.x, it will not work

E) Have you maybe updated Python from 3.x to 3.x where now the Python symlink in /usr/bin has been removed or it is now broken.

F) have you check /usr/bin/python if the symlink exists and to where it is pointing?

I cant recall the file name but inside IRStudio directory in SASCONFIG there is a configuration or maybe XML file that has python path and version. check this file and see python path and its version if it exists at OS level.

Regards,

Ahmad

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation