BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8
Running SAS 9.4m7 on SAS Grid Installed SAS Grid Client Utilities on Windows Installed SAS DI on Windows Installed SAS Management Console on Windows Installed Flow Manager on Windows Configured sasgsub.cfg with the following options: -METASERVER dns-name-sas-grid-on-linux -METAPORT 8561 -METAREPOSITORY Foundation -METAUSER _PROMPT_ -METAPASS _PROMPT_ When I use the following SASGSUB commands I get several issues: Interactive mode: C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4>sasgsub -GRIDCONFIG "c:\Program Files\SASHome\SASGridManagerClientUtility\9.4\config\sasgsub.cfg" -gridrunsaslm ERROR: Cannot initialize the grid provider module. Get Grid Status: C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4>sasgsub -GRIDCONFIG "c:\Program Files\SASHome\SASGridManagerClientUtility\9.4\config\sasgsub.cfg" -gridgetstatus '-all' ERROR: Cannot initialize the grid provider module. ERROR: The directory was not found. ERROR: The GRIDWORK shared filesystem location is not specified or specifies an invalid location. ERROR: The file was not found: C:\data\gridwork.
1 REPLY 1
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

I'm not sure off the top of my head if submitting jobs from Windows to a Linux grid with the sasgsub utility is supported. Typically you'd be running sasgsub on Linux if you have a Linux grid. What I do know is that the sasgsub command needs to be able to access the files in the gridwork area.

Take a look at the GRIDWORK and GRIDWORKREM documentation.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=gridref&docsetTarget=n...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation