BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
OliaD360
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I have the following issue:

All the libraries which we create a pre-assigned. And they work for about 3 days. Then something happens and we start to receive errors like this:

ERROR: Libref ENRS is not assigned.

But when I click on the library name I see this:

The "ENRS" library was preassigned so no libname statement will be generated.

Do you know what may cause this issue and how we can solve it?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

based on the previous post I assume that the libraries are being preassigned at server level using SAS Management Console. Typically once preassigned, libraries tend to stay same unless something is changing it. (Newtons First law)
Please have a look at the server logs (Metadata , Object Spawner) to see if there is anything that helps us in locating the issue.
If nothing can be figured from the logs,  then SAS Tech Support is the right place to reach.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OliaD360
Calcite | Level 5

Hi we are using "By native library engine". I have passed all the steps for this method in this blog https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2013/05/15/pre-assign-sas-libraries-if-so-which-method/

But we still has the same issue

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

based on the previous post I assume that the libraries are being preassigned at server level using SAS Management Console. Typically once preassigned, libraries tend to stay same unless something is changing it. (Newtons First law)
Please have a look at the server logs (Metadata , Object Spawner) to see if there is anything that helps us in locating the issue.
If nothing can be figured from the logs,  then SAS Tech Support is the right place to reach.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you turn off pre-assignment in the properties for the library and then try to assign it manually it will usually give additional detail on the cause of the failure.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation