BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lfabbri
Obsidian | Level 7

Because of the expiration of the SAS license we did a renewal of license. The renewal procedure has finished without errors. The problem is that after the renewal we got the following error when trying to execute a job in Data Integration Studio:

"The application could not log on to the server "sas-data:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine."

sas_error.png

Searching on the web it seems the problem could be related to the Object Spawner. I've checked in the window services and it is indeed not running.

I've tried to start the Object Spawner service but it stops as soon as it starts:

sas_spawner.png

I've tried also to reboot windows to see if the SAS servers correctly restarts, but nothing changed.

Can anyone explain how to correctly restart SAS servers after a licenses renewal?

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Correct licence renewal can be easily checked on Windows SAS metadata and app servers by remotely logging onto them and typing sas on a command line or the "Run" window. If a licence error window pops up then the licence has not been applied correctly. Remember both the SAS metadata server and app server need to have licenses applied.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation