BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have a sas dataset that I wrote to 2 libraries MYCLIENT and WW. Both are sas native libraries. Myclient library shows the dataset as fine but WW library shows it as a blank dataset. I see column numbers but not data in it.

these are the errors I get while trying to register in the sas metadata library -

WWDATA library

NOTE: Additional host information:

X64_SRV12 WIN 6.2.9200 Server

NOTE: SAS Initialization used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

NOTE: The autoexec file, E:\Programs\sas94\config\Lev1\SASApp\WorkspaceServer\autoexec.sas, was executed at server initialization.
2 proc metalib;
4 omr (libid="B500000C" repid="A5H7IVWY");
5 report(type = summary);
6 update_rule = (noadd);
7 select (A5H7IVWY.BF000BLN);
9 run;

ERROR: The value WoW YAG is not a valid SAS name.
NOTE: A total of 1 tables were analyzed for library "WWDATA".
NOTE: Metadata for 0 tables was updated.
NOTE: Metadata for 0 tables matched the data sources.
NOTE: 0 tables listed in the SELECT or EXCLUDE statement were not found in either the metadata or the data source.
NOTE: 1 other tables were not processed due to error or UPDATE_RULE.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: The PROCEDURE METALIB printed page 1.
NOTE: PROCEDURE METALIB used (Total process time):
real time 0.05 seconds
cpu time 0.03 seconds

My library in SAS MC

NOTE: Start of registration for table MYCLIENT.WW_AFFLT_WEEKLYSUBS.
ERROR: A table of name WW_AFFLT_WEEKLYSUBS is already registered in the specified folder and cannot be added again. The table will be skipped.
NOTE: End of registration for table MYCLIENT.WW_AFFLT_WEEKLYSUBS.

Note 1 - So I tried to recreate the dataset using no spaces in the field names (as in WoWYAG instead of WOW YAG). So i copied the dataset from myclient to WW and I still keep getting the same error. 

Note 2 - I checked the admin privileges for my id on my lib. I have all GRANT options as checked. I checked the SAS VA admin profile for the WW library and all GRANT options as checked. 

Thanks,
saspert

7 REPLIES 7
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Care to share your SAS code using to "wrote to 2 libraries MYCLIENT and WW. "?

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Haikuo - I just updated my post with the sas metadata log from SAS MC since I usually go the SAS MC route and not the proc metalib method. I have SAS VA 7.1/Base SAS 9.4/SAS EG 7.1. 

Thanks,

saspert

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

I just changed the metadata path to this -

/User Folders/saspert/My Folder

and the dataset showed up in the myclient library in SAS MC. For some reason it would not allow me to re-register in the original folder. 

I guess my understanding of folder layout for normal libraries (on the server) vs metadata libraries is a bit lacking. 

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

It seems to me you may have some issues on metadata layer.

In term of troubleshooting, I would try the following:

1. Make sure the table of interest behave the same in different base engine libraies, not meta engine. Meaning you use libname statement to define two different libraies on the fly, then check the table. I would expect there should be no problems.

2. Delete the exsiting problematic metadata libraies if you could and re-create them. After that using MC or Proc metlib to register table.

3. Contact your SAS admin.

4. Contact SAS tech support.

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Haikuo. Do you know if a library (base sas engine or odbc or LASR) need to have all its datasets in the same metadata folder? because I see the LASR library with its list of datasets all across the metadata environment. But I am noticing that is not the same case for base sas engine or a database library like ODBC-to-mssqlserver or teradata.

Also I am noticing that unless the metadata definition is properly defined in SAS MC for the datasets, even SAS EG does not cooperate well (ie copying into another library will not work). Is that correct?  I always thought SAS EG view of libraries will by default will always work without issues regardless of the metadata definitions/folders for the datasets. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please note that which SAS metadata folder you store your metadata-defined library in has a bearing on whether the library is listed in the server list or not for a particular user. This is the way you can give different groups of users access to different libraries.  

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @saspert,

You mentioned in your comment "my understanding of folder layout for normal libraries (on the server) vs metadata libraries is a bit lacking." and I thought you may find the following post posts on metadata libraries useful:

Hope they help you with getting a better understanding.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation