BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

We recently migrated our SAS from old to new server. Installed SAS 9.4 M5 and migrated all users and jobs. Now we have 2 SASApp contexts - SASApp and SASApp2 and we have larger memory settings for SASApp2 so we could accommodate some bulk jobs. I will need to add those memory settings to the new server and trying to see where that is added (which config file) on the old server and I am unable to find out :-(. Here is everything that I checked and none of the files has it. Are there any more files that I could check?

/opt/sas/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasv9.cfg
/opt/sas/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/nls/en/sasv9.cfg
/opt/sas/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasv9_local.cfg
/opt/sas/config/Lev2/SASApp/sasv9.cfg
/opt/sas/config/Lev2/SASApp/sasv9_usermods.cfg
/opt/sas/config/Lev2/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/sasv9.cfg
/opt/sas/config/Lev2/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/sasv9_usermods.cfg

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

MEMSIZE settings should be added to sasv9_usermods.cfg for SASApp2.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have you looked in Lev1/SASApp2?

And don't forget to look into the SAS metadata for the SASApp2 server context. It might be entered via the command line.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @RupaJ

Run proc options with the VALUE option, for example:

proc options option=memsize value;

run;

This will tell you where that option was loaded from, for that particular SAS session.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @nhvdwalt

Thanks , I get the below output.

Option Value Information For SAS Option MEMSIZE
Value: 171798691840
Scope: SAS Session
How option value set: SAS Session Startup Command Line

How should I set it up in the startup command line?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

MEMSIZE settings should be added to sasv9_usermods.cfg for SASApp2.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

@SASKiwi is correct. Custom setting should be placed in the *_usermods files.

However, we still need to trace your setting here.....

For Workspace Server sessions (Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, etc.) have a look in WorkspaceServer.sh

For batch jobs, have a look in Batchserver.sh, assuming you call you batch scripts from here.

Command line in you output means the option is set at the point where the SAS executable is called  on the command line e.g. ..\sas.exe -memsize 1G

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@RupaJ wrote:

Hello @nhvdwalt

Thanks , I get the below output.

Option Value Information For SAS Option MEMSIZE
Value: 171798691840
Scope: SAS Session
How option value set: SAS Session Startup Command Line

How should I set it up in the startup command line?

"Command line" might point to something written into the server definition in SAS metadata, or supplied as part of the startup shell script(s). As you can see, this leaves quite some ambiguity, while placing options into one of the sasv9_usermods.cfg files enables SAS to exactly know from which file it was read, and report that.

(Since the command line arguments are built before SAS starts, the process has no way to know from where a particular item comes from)

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks for all the responses!

@nhvdwalt -- Yes you were right!! The settings were in workspace.sh file. As you all have suggested, I have now put them on sasv9_usermods.cfg file on the new server. 

Thanks again for all your responses!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation