BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fluorite | Level 6

@MariaD : Sure, those are the basic troubleshooting steps and I would wait for Tech Support for any other methods.

Please update us here once you find the solution.

StefanM
Obsidian | Level 7
Something is really strange, stepping one to another might show at some point the root cause.

StefanM
Obsidian | Level 7
export INSTANCE_BASE=/sas/config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer

/sso/sfw/sas/940/SASWebApplicationServer/9.4/tcruntime-ctl.sh SASServer1_1 status ''

should work. '' is for empty params
Our tcruntime-ctl.sh looks different
StefanM
Obsidian | Level 7
Error, your path (sso is ours)

/sas/software/SASWebApplicationServer/9.4/tcruntime-ctl.sh SASServer1_1 status ''
StefanM
Obsidian | Level 7
I am out as the installation is different than ours.

Looks like to start the tomcat server you need a 2nd parameter:
"Read the path to the instance"
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks, @StefanM 

Still not working...

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 12.54.20.png

huntdoug
SAS Employee

Hello MariaD,

If this is a system down I would call support.   If you email me the track number I'll ask about it.

Phone a Technical Support Consultant
1-800-727-0025 (In US & Canada)
1-919-677-8008 (International)

If this is an Emergency SAS problem follow the instructions to request Follow The Sun support.

Here is more information about Contacting Tech Support.
https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas.html

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @huntdoug

Thanks so much. The track number is 7613759108. The support asked to delete all the logs and restart the services. We did it yesterday and upload the logs and the results of proc setinit and proc product_status. 

Some additional details, we restore the environment to last week's image (when everything works) but the error is the same. We requested if it's possible, an alternative or temporary SAS license to validate if something is wrong with our SID file but we don't have any answer now.

If TechSupp needs to connect with our environment, using WebEx or similar, we are totally available. 

huntdoug
SAS Employee

Hello MariaD,

Thanks, I'm on it.  I'll ask someone to get with you. I've increased the severity to High as being down is not acceptable.

It's perfectly ok to call the telephone numbers also.  Anytime you don't hear back you should call and tell us this is an emergency.

Regards,

Doug

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi folks, 

Some updates on this issue. With Tech Support's helps, we finally find the root cause. About 15 days ago we installed a new product, Access to BigQuery. As you might know, this product doesn't need configuration only the installation part.  

We don't know yet, the Tech Support is analyzing the depot received, the product was installed but the depot updated SAS Web App Server too but without the configuration process for these parts. So, all web app were des-configurated and they became unable to use. 

For now, we restore a previous version (before the Access BigQuery installation). Now, we're waiting for the final analysis of the depot.

Thanks all!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation