BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

Hello. We are deploying Viya 3.5 on Linux (AWS). This is going to be simple SMP deployment (all-in-one AWS instance). We have completed pre-requisite setup. However, when we run below assessment run, receive error, 

# ansible-playbook system-assessment.yml

TASK [host-verification-x64_redhat_linux_6_yum : Perform disk space check]**********

There is not enough disk space on host, DeployTarget, to deploy all of the software packages for group(s): AdminServucesm ............../opt/sas/viya has 6364276 k available and 30408704 k is needed to install. 

However, we are not deploying SAS Viya 3.5 under default path, which is /opt/sas/viya. Instead we are re-rerouting under "/test/opt/sas/viya"  

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

How are you re-routing this? The disk space check uses the SAS_DEPLOYMENT_ROOT variable to determine which path to check, which appears to come from group_vars/all.

$ head group_vars/all
---
# The values for the variables in this file have been optimized to produce a working deployment.
# Do not alter the values in this file without the guidance of SAS Technical Support, a SAS consultant, or any other SAS representative.

# The root location where all things sas are placed.
SASROOT: /opt/sas

# The root of the Viya deployment.
SAS_DEPLOYMENT_ROOT: "{{ SASROOT }}/{{ DEPLOYMENT_ID }}"

$ grep disk.space roles/host-verification-x64_redhat_linux_6-yum/tasks/main.yml -A10 -m1
- name: Perform disk space check
disk_space_check:
sas_vars: "{{ sas_vars }}"
path: "{{ SAS_DEPLOYMENT_ROOT }}"
hostname: "{{ inventory_hostname }}"
group_names: "{{ group_names }}"
register: disk_space_result
become: true
become_user: root
ignore_errors: True
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @ gwootton. 

I was not aware of that file and never touched it but seems i will need to update that "all" file for sasroot. Will update, rerun and update this post. Thanks again. 

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I would mention I'm not sure that adjusting the installation path is supported. The documentation for installing Viya 3.5 does not discuss this.

Viya 3.5 Administration - Installation
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/dplyml0phy0lax/n0phrozjmgc38hn1h9xk6w56745y.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation