BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I see many *.png files in SASApp location, run by sassrv and I would like to know where this is controlled or is this a pure developer control (%stpstart & % stpend)?  Is this controlled via config file or STP reserved macros?  (win 9.4 m7 x64 install)

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I would remove sassrv's permission to write to the SASApp directory to prevent this from being permitted.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
Often SAS procedures  produces graphics as png files. When no path is specified for these files they are dropped into the SAS App folder.
In addition to png files this happens with datasets too.

One approach to resolve this is by changing the working directory to SAS Work Location.  The following link shows how to change the working directory
https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2018/05/18/how-to-change-your-working-directory-for-sas-with-the-d...

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Sajid, thank you for your time and reply.  I do have the WORK location in my config files and I confirmed it via proc options as well.  That is why much surprised when I saw those png and (thank God) few *.sas7bdat.  Any other idea?  So basically sounds like it is a developer training thing.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @shoin 
Asking each and every user to make changes to every code is neither practical not enforceable.
A better approach is to add the following  to the end of autoexec_usermod.sas for the workspace server on the SAS server.

data _null_; 
      rc=dlgcdir("%sysfunc(pathname(WORK))");
      put rc=;
   run;

This will update the current working directory to the users work directory. Once the session terminates everything is automatically removed.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I would remove sassrv's permission to write to the SASApp directory to prevent this from being permitted.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation