BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Manoj07k
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

The requirement is to connect  two different Hadoop cluster namely A (Decrypted ) & B (Encrypted ) to pull data.

We need restrict the users to store data only to A (Decrypted data)  SPDS library when they are connecting to A (Decrypted data) Hadoop Cluster likewise B (Encrypted data)  SPDS library when they are connecting to B (Encrypted data)  Hadoop Cluster. Mixing the data from other cluster to other SPDS library is not allowed due to security reason , even though they have both cluster access and SPDS library access.

Now, my questions is , Is there any ACL at SPDS level or at SAS level to achieve the same?

Kindly let me know if any question on the same.

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

ACL's are applied to data at rest in SPDS.

Once data is pulled (to a mother SAS session) the user can do whaterever he/she choses to do with it.

My guess is that you are left with informing your users, and do some occassional checks that these rules are being followed.

Data never sleeps
Manoj07k
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @LinusH 

That's my last option if nothing works out .

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation