BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnkitDedhia
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am trying to run command to access PC Files, the command works fine if I do not mention the serveruser and serverpass options.

If I mention these options it fails and gives unable to connect to server.

Command that works:

proc export data=sashelp.class
outfile ="path\abc.xls";
dbms=excelcs replace;
server_name="servername";
sheet ="Class";
run;

Command that fails:

proc export data=sashelp.class
outfile ="path\abc.xls";
dbms=excelcs replace;
server_name="servername";
serveruser="domain\user";
serverpass="password";
sheet ="Class";
run;

Error message:

ERROR: A socket routine returned error: The connection was refused.
ERROR: Failed to connect to the Server: servername.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPORT used (Total process time)

Please help!!!

Regards,

Ankit.

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

1/ your server serveruser and password must be real valid values as of some Windows domain the pc-files server is running in.  This fake names will not work. Ask the guy that installed the pcfilesserver on a Windowsmachine.

2/ That machine must not be blocked by firewalls. That should have been verified by the person of the deployment.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
AnkitDedhia
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

I have done the install and had verified that all firewall settings are closed and also verified that the Antivirus is shut.

I happen to decode to an extent, it seems every time the username and password is added in the code, the PC File Server crashes with error message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). click OK to close the application.

SAS logs related to PC File Server have the following message:

ERROR: Message file is not loaded.

ERROR: Could not find extension (tkelsproxy)

ERROR: tkzCapture () failed

Is anyone aware of this issue?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/pcfsicg/67728/PDF/default/pcfsicg.pdf see page 42-43  it looks like some settings to enable that authenitication are not done/present.  Without user/password it only can access the account the pcfilesserver is running on.

Giving a user/password it should verify and switch user context only possible with very high system privileges. Seems a reasonable explanation. It is not nice just that dump is coming.   

AnkitDedhia
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

I have followed the steps mentioned in the document that you have shared.

The page 43 of the document states

Local Security Policy Configuration Overview

For server user authentication to work, the SAS PC Files Server must be able to create user-specific subprocesses with the credentials that are specified. Windows allows this only if certain Windows Security settings are set on the PC that is running the server.

The Windows Security settings that are required to be in place are not mentioned, any idea what they are?

If it is regards to the User Rights mentioned in the subsequent section then these have already been done and I still keep getting the same error message.

Regards,

Ankit.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ankit, You are right it is a omission. The only  things I know that could be similar are at SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Second Edition.

This information should come from SAS-institute with a description not only how to implement but also what are possible risks and what to expect to get aligned to common IT security policies as of regulations.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation