BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey, I'm trying to converge several flow paths as seen in the added picture (to be exact - I'm trying to link test_tt and Update_start_Process to Temp_To_FINAL).
Linking while dragging an arrow doesn't work... Is there any way to do this?
Also, I need this to be done in a way that all separate flows (Test_Dates_1, test_tt, Update_Start_Process) finish (either successfully or unsuccessfully, doesn't matter), and only then the converged path to be executed.
Note: I have the option "Continue running the flow and change the flow state after the flow is complete" under the attribute "Actions after the state of the flow is determined". I can't change this option because of other constraints in my flow

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidHD
SAS Employee

Hi @Eitan123 ,

in the SMC UI inside of the flow editor there should be button for an and logic object. Then you connect the paths in the manner you would like into it and only if all of the completed successfully it will trigger the next thing after the and object.

When you connect objects it should prompt you for the condition on which you want the following step to be executed.

Hope this helps - Cheers

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DavidHD
SAS Employee

Hi @Eitan123 ,

in the SMC UI inside of the flow editor there should be button for an and logic object. Then you connect the paths in the manner you would like into it and only if all of the completed successfully it will trigger the next thing after the and object.

When you connect objects it should prompt you for the condition on which you want the following step to be executed.

Hope this helps - Cheers

David

Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

@DavidHD 
I've found the logic object (called Gate). It has either an AND logic or OR logic.
After several checks - Sadly, AND means, as you've mentioned, that all of the converging paths must be completed successfully in order to continue.
OR means any can be completed successfully in order to continue.
Is there any way to cause the Gate to wait for all converged paths to finish (either with errors or successfully), and then continue?
Keep in mind "Continue running the flow and change the flow state after the flow is complete" is already on.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

The AND object is that all the conditions coming into it are met. The job event coming into it can be "completed successfully" or "ends with any exit code" (among others). Are you selecting "Ends with any exit code"?

gwootton_0-1626807703397.png

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

I wasn't aware of this option. Problem solved, thank you!! 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation