BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jcromwell77
Fluorite | Level 6

LIBNAME pubtest ODBC  DATAsrc=TEST_DB  
SCHEMA=dbo  ;

LIBNAME pubprod ODBC  DATAsrc=PROD_DB  
SCHEMA=dbo  ;

I have two connections: test A and prod A.  When I use test A I get a good connection, and I'm able to run a PROC SQL query with results.  However, when I run prod A, I get a good connection, but I get a "Error: File PUBPROD.<data table>.Data does not exist."  I've looked at the configuration for each in Management Console, and I cannot find a difference.  I've also compared these against another test (B) and prod (B) connection (both of these work).

The only difference between the prod A  and the other 3 connections (test A, test B, & prod B) is it is brand new (just created last week).  The other 3 were created some time ago before I started, and the creator is no longer with the org.

Is this an issue in the SAS Management Console Administration, the Windows Server Administration (where the SAS server lives), or elsewhere?  I'm quite new to SAS administration, and I've not found a good answer anywhere else.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcromwell77
Fluorite | Level 6

The issue has been resolved:

The Default database in the DSN was set to master instead of the PROD_DB.  Once this was changed, I was able to connect to the table.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarcoGhiglieriO
Fluorite | Level 6

I don't think this is a SAS related problem.

The "Error: File PUBPROD.<data table>.Data does not exist." suggests that the ODBC DSN is connecting, but there's not that table.

Did you check the table existence via another ODBC client?

jcromwell77
Fluorite | Level 6

The connection for all of the tables is in an Azure DB, and the tables do exist in Azure.  I verified the tables via SSMS, so I know they're good.

The DSN Drivers on the Windows side are set to ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server for Test A and Prod A, and SQL Server for Test B and Prod B.  Don't know if this makes a difference or not.  We originally tried SQL Server for Prod A, but switched it.

jcromwell77
Fluorite | Level 6

The issue has been resolved:

The Default database in the DSN was set to master instead of the PROD_DB.  Once this was changed, I was able to connect to the table.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation