BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi Folks,

We recently added a SAS EM to our Linux Server. During the installation and configuration, everything works fine without any errors. But when we tried to open SAS EM Client the following error appear:

The application could not find a valid SAS environment use

The error appear in any computer. We already verified the URL for sas environment on a web browser and it's opening ok. We already open a support ticket (more than 10 days ago) but until now we don't have any solution.

Anyone already had this error in the past? Our SAS is 9.4 M7 and Miner is 15.3.

Regards, 

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi Maria,
This might happen due to multiple reasons. One of them might well be the certificates not being imported on client, or some setting in the em.ini file that needs adjustment. So a couple of questions:

* Have you tried the web client (JWS address)?
* When you open the client, did you try to open the JV console and see why it complains? This one usually helps a lot.
Best regards,
Juan
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @JuanS_OCS ,

Thanks for your comments. Since 15.2 , EM web is not more supported...

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 14.01.46.png

I already opened SAS EM using em_console, but there is no error, only the same message. The upgraded was made using a custom SAS plan sent by SAS Support, because we already have other SAS products installed on that server (SAS Visual Analytics, etc). The only thing is the license sent by sales representative is only for EM. So, when I installed the SAS EM license, the pre-existent products are not longer valid. I'm already requested a new unified version of the setinit. 

Regards, 

Regards, 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @JuanS_OCS ,

We received a new version of SAS depot with new version of plan file and the licenses now unified (with the details of the previous and new products together).

After we proceed with the installation and configuration, the problem still occurs. The same erro appears when we tried to open SAS EM and now, If we tried to connect to SAS Visual Analytics an 404 error appear. We already have a track opened on SAS Support but we aren't move forward. 

Any insight on it?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MariaD ,

thank you for your update! To me, this points to a very basic issue in the deployment. The Web Infrastructure Platform does not seem to be able to start, and this will cause your web applications to not start either. I would stop everything, clean the logs, start all the services, and look at the SASServerN_M log files the SAS Web Application logs - I would focus on the WIP services, such as SASLogon, SASWIP, etc etc, the gemfire, etc.

I would also check very well all system requirements, as this could well be caused by firewall restrictions, and/or DNS resolutions.If this the case, it could be a bit of a challenge for SAS Technical Support to find the specific missing requirement. Any extra checks will never be few checks, in my opinion.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @JuanS_OCS ,

Before the new installation, SAS VA works fine. I'll stop the services again and clear the logs to review. 

Regards, 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation