BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
patelk
Fluorite | Level 6

I created the library from the Metadata. it is Successfully created whenever i tried to print any table i can able to get the output but i cannot able to see list of all the tables in any of the SAS Libraries. Evern not in the Work library. All of the users who are using that metadata library they cannot able to see the tables name in SAS EG. Althouth Tables are there but those are invisible.

16 REPLIES 16
Symphony
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @patelk ,

Have you tried same operations in Base? Can you see tables by using Base SAS Programming UI? If not, you may need to check if your sas users have the read authority to metadata. Also what is the default encode of your data? Is EG using the same encoding setting?

r_behata
Barite | Level 11

Not Sure If I Understood your question correctly , Could you provide more details on how you created the library from metadata ?

Just in case you created the Library from metadata from tools like SAS SMC/DI you can import the tables by right clicking on the library and select the option Import Tables , once the tables are imported they will appear in other tools as well.

patelk
Fluorite | Level 6
Actually we don’t have Base sas environment all of the users have read authority to metadata because we can able to use it until now. We have the UTF8 encoding.

Is this issue related to sas management console settings?? I didn’t change any setting in SMC Though.
Thanks for your quick reply.
r_behata
Barite | Level 11

If you have access to SMC , Try importing the Table metadata by right clicking on the library and Do Import tables, and let us know if that works.

patelk
Fluorite | Level 6

I did it but does not work. Actually all of the tables already imported.before this issue i used all of the tables without import.the Problem is that whenever i try to expand (+) sign in the library in EG. I cannot able to see the Table List.even though i use the data step then or any other steps from those libraries i can able to get the output without any error.

Symphony
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there anymore detailed informations like logs or errors? 

What is the OS version of your server? Is it Linux or Windows Server? From what I know, EG need a Base sas environment to process your sas codes(or metadata, for servers), so you can test your codes on server.

For linux, you can test it by using SASFoundation environment in your SAS Deployment directory(like /sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/bin).

If your encoding is UTF8, you can use command <path to your sas deployment>/SASFoundation/9.4/bin/sas_u8, that should start a programming UI(attention: your OS system need to support GUI like display) and you test your codes to see if the problem repeats.

For windows server, you also need to go to the directory of your sas deployment(like C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4), edit the sasv9.cfg file like this:-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\u8\sasv9.cfg", then double click the sas.exe and run base environment to test your code.

Let me know if you need any help.

patelk
Fluorite | Level 6

In the log i have every thing. log is normal with no error. in fact in the log I have all of theTables are created using those invisible table names.

In My windows server I dont have sashome.so dont know how can i run the programe in BASE SAS.Is there any other way??

patelk
Fluorite | Level 6
Actually I use libname statement to access the metadata directly.From that library I can able to create dataset also. It is like I have tables in all of the libraries as well as in work library also but I cannot able to see those table names.
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Have you registered tables in SMC?
If you've not registered tables and pre-assigned library using Metadata Engine, you will not see any tables,

Try following things:

Option 1 (Register tables in Library if you're using Metadata Engine) :

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bidsag&docsetTarget=n0g5t6jbzorstsn18d5e9h7ngdkw.htm&docsetV...

Option 2:

Change Pre-assign library mode from "by metadata library engine" to "by native library engine", and restart EG Session.

For Pre-assign library option, follow this document for your reference:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bidsag&docsetTarget=p0u8xcdo2ll3kmn1oqfz2s0ybooq.htm&docsetV...

patelk
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi kalind
The tables are already registered in the SMC. I used those tables everyday.
I try to import the table from SMC to EG but still I did not get any table name in my SAS Library.
Whenever I try to expand particular libname from SASAPP from EG. I don’t have any list.
My issue is I created table from metadata
Libname libref odbc dataset=option ;
In this lib I have abc table name. If I use
Data work.abc;
Set libname.abc;
Run;

I have dataset created. But in work library I cannot able to see the abc dataset. Work Lin as well as my libref both are blank.
I cannot able to see the table name but it is there. Thanks
Symphony
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @patelk ,

If the library is from another thirdparty database and you're using odbc to connect to it, you need to set the SCHEMA parameters correctly or it may cause the problem. I've suffered the same problem when using SAS ACCESS INTERFACE TO ODBC to connect to Mysql. I can use datasets to do everything I want but I just cannot see them under SASAPP libraries. But that problem was solved after I add schema= parameters.

patelk
Fluorite | Level 6

no luck. still the same issue.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@patelk  - Have you always had this problem or has it only started happening recently? Do all SAS EG users have the same problem or only some?

If you pre-assign SAS metadata libraries then you don't need to register tables. Even for ODBC metadata libraries you can both pre-assign, set DEFER = YES for better performance, and add AssignMode = 2 as a library attribute to avoid registering tables.

patelk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

We have another enviroment also.It is working good but in that one we didnot assign any assignmode. we have blank in that tab.

we have both environment has same settings but one is working and another one is not.

Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation