BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SAYAN009
Calcite | Level 5

How can I run SAS base code IN VS code using my SAS OnDemand for Academics Account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I thought that this functionality was only in SAS Viya. Without SAS Viya, you can only write SAS code in VS Code without submitting it to a SAS session.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I thought that this functionality was only in SAS Viya. Without SAS Viya, you can only write SAS code in VS Code without submitting it to a SAS session.

doug_sas
SAS Employee

The SAS VS Code extension will support connections to Viya, SAS 9.4 (remote via SSH), and SAS 9.4 (local via COM)

SASKiwi
PROC Star

As far as I know, SODA officially supports only two development interfaces, namely SAS Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide. For VS Code to work, SODA would have to allow VS Code API calls from your PC and I suspect this would not currently be allowed for security reasons. On the other hand, there is no harm in asking SAS if they would consider it.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you want to learn more about the VS Code SAS extension check out the github site: https://github.com/sassoftware/vscode-sas-extension/issues

To me it still looks experimental and a "work in progress" and is probably not mature enough yet to be considered for this use case. 

Reeza
Super User
I think it's theoretically possible as python can interact with SODA?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS 9.4 remote connections require OpenSSH and private key pairs (no userid / password support). That sounds tricky for SODA...

Reeza
Super User
SODA is set up for it though. Would just need to figure out the VS side.

https://support.sas.com/ondemand/saspy.html

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation