BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EmmanuelF
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Following IWA implementation, I notice that some users can't logging to SASStudio app. They obtain a form with the following message :

The native implementation module for the security package could not be found in the path

(All users are able to connect EG using IWA)

My configuration :

-Middle tier, meta, compute on three separate Linux server (RH)

• When I check the compute ObjectSpawner log, I notice that for users that do not have the issue, a first connection is done using SAS token wich is rejected , followed by an IWA (user delegation) connection wich is accected :

2019 - INFO  [00032680] :BOB - New client connection (2902) accepted from server port 8591 for SAS token user BOB.

2019 - ERROR [00032680] :BOB - No host credentials exist to start this server.  Either the client needs to send in host credentials

2019 -  INFO  [00032684] :BOB - New client connection (2904) accepted from server port 8591 for IWA user BOB

2019 -  DEBUG [00032684] :BOB - Preparing to launch server SASApp - Workspace Server under credentials BOB

On the web side, I can see the folowing message indicating that a delegation has occured :

>>>Delegated Creds have pname=BOB.COMPAGNY.FR sname=krbtgt/GROUPE.COMPAGNY.FR@GROUPE.COMPAGNY.FR authtime=null starttime=20190412085736Z endtime=20190412180241ZrenewTill=20190419080241

• For not working users, a first connection is done using SAStoken wich is rejected. But no switch occurs to IWA

2019 - INFO  [00032680] :DONALD - New client connection (2902) accepted from server port 8591 for SAS token user BOB.

2019 - ERROR [00032680] :DONALD - No host credentials exist to start this server.  Either the client needs to send in host credentials

On the web side, I can't see the Delegated Creds messages.

2 REPLIES 2
BrianK
SAS Employee

So just to be clear, it sounds like you are saying the delegation messages appear when you use the thick client, but not when you use the web browser.  Is that correct?  It sounds like a client configuration problem.  Have you followed the client configuration steps in the Middle Tier Administration Guide to configure IWA, including the delegation section, for your relevant browser?  You might want to try another browser as well (after, of course, configuring IWA and delegation in that browser as well).  This sounds very much like a client configuration problem to me.

Brian

EmmanuelF
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

All connections to a workspace server are all right for all users using the thick client (EG)

Using web client, Some users are able to connect to Webstudio (and launching their workspace) but some are unable to logon and receive  "The native implementation module for the security package could not be found in the path".

This only concern WebStudio app where mid-tier communicate with compute server.

No IWA issue  with other mid-tier app (SaSPortal ...)

On the same Workstation / same browser , an user do not have the issue but another do.

Very strange behaviour. Look like something about the user session is cached somewhere and not refreshed..

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation