BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

host:8080/SASAdmin don't come up, too!!

In Web/Logs/SASServer1_1 are only 2 short logs of the Environment Manager

In the server.log are following statements:

2014-11-05 09:04:10,421 ERROR (localhost-startStop-4) [org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig] Error deploying configuration descriptor C:\SAS\Config\Lev2\Web\WebAppServer\SASServer1_1\conf\Catalina\localhost\SASStudio.xml

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/SASStudio]]

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Any chance that your Content Server is also not Up and running?

I agree that to have additional information from the original log file would be plenty of useful (on Web\Logs\SASServer1_1), and also at first step I would validate from the SASMC your SAS Content Server

ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

Each part of the EBI-Package which is not a Web application (Olap Studio, Infomation Studio, Office Add-In etc.) works very well but with the web applications like Studio, Web Reporter, Environment Manager there is a fundamental problem.

I checked the Content Server in the MC and a ping to the WebDAV-Server worked but then I got this message:

'http://<server>:80/SASContentServer/repository/default/sasfolders/'

[07.11.14 10:52] SEVERE: Code 405: Method Not Allowed

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Again, this looks like a bad configuration/connectivity of your SAS Content Server (at least, but this is the minumim requirement that should be validated 100%).

Many variables can be involved, unfortunately.

I think it would help you to check:

- the Content Server configuration, if it is the expected one

- If you have a reverse proxy in front

- Logs of the content server (SCS) and SASLogon

dpage
SAS Employee

So there are overall problems with your server1. Can you share the entire log?

ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

How can I send you the log? I guess there are several problems in my instalation....

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

something is not running: java.lang.IllegalStateException 

Signals that a method has been invoked at an illegal or inappropriate time.  In other words, the Java environment or Java application is not in an appropriate state for the requested operation.

The other part is a generic one you can find a lot of those (out of sas)  eg: Tomcat Lifecycle exception or java - org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].S... and many more reasons (even content server)

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation