BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hi.

Goodnight.

I am writing to review the best practice options for running an esp model every 5 minutes.

I am currently running the model as follows:

1 I raise the xml_server
2 upload the project
3 sleep
4 delete the project

Although it has worked for me, I have had a problem with the persistence of the execution, it stops due to errors after a few days.

If you can help me by pointing out a best practice, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What are the errors you get? Are they resource-related like running out of memory for example?

I would suggest running one scheduled batch job per day that repeats running the model every 5 minutes to limit any resource issues. If the daily job runs with a zero return code then you know all of that day's runs are good. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What are the errors you get? Are they resource-related like running out of memory for example?

I would suggest running one scheduled batch job per day that repeats running the model every 5 minutes to limit any resource issues. If the daily job runs with a zero return code then you know all of that day's runs are good. 

SAS_LuisBolivar
Quartz | Level 8

Good morning.

Thanks for the support.

In the xml_server log I see the following error:

INFO DF.ESP [PubSub] Subscribe: Client disconnected, project: Continuos_rtdm_out. total active clients = 3
ERROR DF.ESP [PubSub] handle_read_magic_number() trying to read magic stream
ERROR DF.ESP [PubSub] handle_read_magic_number() trying to read magic mismatch not an ESP pub/sub client

I have noticed that it has generated many tk.reportlog.

You suggest me create scheduled batch job. Should I create a job for each command? Do I remove the sleep?.

Thanks in advance.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not familiar with SAS ESP and it looks like you are getting some sort of timeout problem. I suggest you raise a track with SAS Tech Support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation