BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sachinkalra
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I have come through a case where a client had ordered N components 7 years back but didn't install All N.

for example out of all products ordered, they didn't install data surveyor.

Now every year they used to renew their "installed" products only and as data surveyor was not installed they did not renew it.

Please suggest, I have to install data surveyor now ( as a requirement- fresh install).

What should I tell them to take from SAS ?

1. license/sid files latest for the product , 

OR

2. get the install key and order number and download and append software depot with data surveyor, but they had ordered data surveyor's very old verison.

So what approach should be taken ?

1. if i take the license file, run software depot , choose install additional software  and browse the latest sid file, will it work ?

or i need to download data surveyor again in software depot from install and order keys. and then proceed.

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Get in touch with your SAS account manager, tell them what you need and they'll be able to create a software order that takes your existing installation into account. If you're not sure if your current installation is up-to-date with what SAS thinks you have, they can let you run a utility that shows them the current state of your installation.

In my experience, the order you then get for additional/new software will take care of everything, and you'll end up with a complete installation that is at the currently available maintenance level.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you Kurt.

Yes, I agree with @Kurt_Bremser 's suggestion, the best you can do is to contact your SAS Contracts Manager and they will help you.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation