BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have created a user in SAS Management Console that I can't modify his roles because his account is created as

read-only and I don't know why. I have created other users in the same way and can modify them without any problem.

What can I do to change this account so I can modify it ?

I can not even delete this account in SAS Management Console.

Regards,

Doriana

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Are you using an unrestricted user for this?

If yes, it sounds like your metadata is corrupt.

Data never sleeps
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Could you explain more, I'm new in SAS?

What can be the solution, I mean what should I do for this user?

Thank you.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Doriana,

I can think of 2 possibilities:

1) Are you logged in as an unrestricted admin or a restricted user admin? If you don't see "user@domain as Unrestricted" on the SAS MC status bar it is possible that the read-only user has been protected fromrestricted admin modification through a denial of WM to the PUBLIC group on the users Authorization tab.

2) Are you trying to modify the user through a read-only dialog? For example if you use the SAS MC User Manager plug-in to look at the members of a role, select a user and then click the Properties button a read-only dialog will be displayed for that user (even if you have permissions to modify the user). If you open the Properties dialog for the user directly from the SAS MC User Manager plug-in then you should be able to make changes if you have permissions to do so.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I also meant to ask you which version of SAS are you using? 9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1?
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

SAS 9.4

When I right click on user and then properties , at the top of Properties window : <user> Properties(Read-Only)

and I can't remove or add roles.

Which other roles should I have, to be able to do changes?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Ok, in your bottom right, in the message field, it should say the user name that log on as, an potentially "..as Unrestricted". What does it say?

If you go the user manager for your own user, and check the groups you are member of, what are they?

Ar you the only SAS admin? If you are lonely, I would definitely recommend some training/course.

Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation