BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

All,

Have dev , test and prod environments. By using below macro we can get the metadata objects from a specified folder.

%mdsecds(folder="/Shared data", includesubfolders=yes);

is it possible to get the metadata object lists from dev ENV by specifying test credentials in options.

ex:if I run below code which uses test metadata host names and credentials  from DEV.

I know, it will give bridge protocol ERROR. is it possible actually by opening ports/config changes in meta/in compute,etc. 

Off course we can run the above macro in different envs  but we want to run from one environment that pulls data about all environments (dev,test and prod)

is there any way we can do.

%let metaserver = %str(testmeta.company.com);
options metaserver="&metaserver"
metaport=<port>
metauser="ID"
metapass="XXXXXXX"
metarepository="Foundation"
metaprotocol=BRIDGE;

%mdsecds(folder="/Shared data", includesubfolders=yes);
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

It is possible to use the options you mentioned to connect to a different environment's metadata server. If there are different credentials those would also need to be specified. This changes your effective Metadata connection so you would have to change them back if you then wanted to do something in the local environment's metadata server. 

In the example below I have one user ID but 3 passwords and three different environments. I use outdata to supply a different prefix to each table in WORK, and the options statement to update only the variables that change between submissions. The result is a _join view with each prefix in WORK.

options metaserver="metadev.demo.sas.com" metaport=8561 metauser="sasdemo" metapass="password1" metarepository=foundation;
%mdsecds(outdata=dev,Folder="/User Folders/");
options metaserver="metatest.demo.sas.com" metapass="password2";
%mdsecds(outdata=test,Folder="/User Folders/");
options metaserver="metaprod.demo.sas.com" metapass="password3";
%mdsecds(outdata=prod,Folder="/User Folders/");

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

It is possible to use the options you mentioned to connect to a different environment's metadata server. If there are different credentials those would also need to be specified. This changes your effective Metadata connection so you would have to change them back if you then wanted to do something in the local environment's metadata server. 

In the example below I have one user ID but 3 passwords and three different environments. I use outdata to supply a different prefix to each table in WORK, and the options statement to update only the variables that change between submissions. The result is a _join view with each prefix in WORK.

options metaserver="metadev.demo.sas.com" metaport=8561 metauser="sasdemo" metapass="password1" metarepository=foundation;
%mdsecds(outdata=dev,Folder="/User Folders/");
options metaserver="metatest.demo.sas.com" metapass="password2";
%mdsecds(outdata=test,Folder="/User Folders/");
options metaserver="metaprod.demo.sas.com" metapass="password3";
%mdsecds(outdata=prod,Folder="/User Folders/");

--
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Thanks,
I tried this before, I am getting below error
ERROR: The Bridge Protocol Engine Socket Access Method was unable to connect to host test.company.com, port XXX
The TCP/IP tcpSockConnect() support routine failed with error 110 (The connection has timed out.).
is this because of inbound outbound rules?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, a connection timeout suggests there is a firewall dropping the packets being sent between environments.

--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation