BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

We are planning to migrate SAS EM 6.2 projects created under SAS 9.2 with AIX platform to EM 14.2 with SAS 9.4 under Linux platform.

Could you please let e know the possible way to perform this migration.

Regards,

Abhijit

7 REPLIES 7
maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Abhijit,

Migration of E-Miner project is not straight forward where we can export/import or create package. We need to follow different approach using macro code. please find below link for the same and follow the instructions. 

https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=726#

abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply Mahesh!!

Using the below macro, we can only migrate on eproject at a time. But in our scenario, we have a lot of EMiner projects and need to do a bulk migrate.

%EM_MigrateProject(Action=PREPARE ,RootPath=<the location and name of the project which needs to be migrated> );

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Abhijit

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @abhijit_das,

if the re-installation of the new environment is still an option, I would recommend you to:

- extract the metadata from the old environment with SMU

- install the new environment, and providing the SMU package

I think this should make your life much easier.

If the re-installation of the environment is not an option, probably you would need to migrate EM projects manually or semi-automated.

Have you read this SAS note already? http://support.sas.com/kb/32/904.html

abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Juan!!

After doing some more research, came to know that SMU can only be used while migrating in between same operating system or same bit. If this is true then I may have to do the promotion.

Regards,

Abhijit

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I don't think there is much difference between AIX an Linux, on most cases/scenarios, although you might want to check with SAS Technical Support this point.

Are you also migrating from 32 to 64 bit?

abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

No Juan. It's 64 to 64 bit.

Regards,

Abhijit

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Then, you probably won't need any conversion/migration of the data.

I would give it a chanceto SMU, and, just to be sure, I would align with SAS Technical Support, to ensure that you can SMU from AIX to Linux.

My current expectation is that, some config files and scripts (as the usermods) you will need to change the header from ksh to bash, but I would not expect much more impact than that.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation