BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

I am configurating Compute and Midtier using IWA connections and successful till Compute tier. Now checking the documentation for Midtier found out need following

1. a keytab file

2. SPN registration (midtier machine ) with AD

3. username SPN is mapped to (not sure what this is yet)

Can any one suggest I need any other tasks/steps to do to be able to complete IWA connections successfully on midtier (SASStudio and EVManager)?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

enabling required Encryption on the Delegated user fixed the issue

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I don't think you need anything else, the keytab/SPN/User (UPN) is the identity that the middle tier uses to validate the supplied credential back to Active Directory, so once you've got a keytab tied to the HTTP/hostname SPN for your middle tier server(s) and update your configuration files accordingly you should be all set. I usually configure fallback authentication as well so I can still log on with user/password.

The steps for configuring the middle tier for IWA can be found here:

Support for Integrated Windows Authentication
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/p1871e69gmwdr0n1o182krslc10p.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you!. I will get the required info from IT Support. for the fallback Authentication mechanism we need to have "Log on as a batch job" privilege's but IT is not yet ready to provide that 🙂
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

@gwootton : I have received delegation approvals and keytab file from IT and while checking the keytab file I am receiving an error 

kinit -k -t FILE:C:\Temp\KeyTab\myweb.keytab HTTP/webserver.org.com@ORG.com -J-Djava.security.krb5.conf=C:\Windows\krb5.ini

Error:

Exception: krb_error 0 Do not have keys of types listed in default_tkt_enctypes available; only have keys of following type: No error
KrbException: Do not have keys of types listed in default_tkt_enctypes available; only have keys of following type:
at java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5.internal.crypto.EType.getDefaults(EType.java:295)
at java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5.KrbAsReqBuilder.build(KrbAsReqBuilder.java:275)
at java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5.KrbAsReqBuilder.send(KrbAsReqBuilder.java:344)
at java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5.KrbAsReqBuilder.action(KrbAsReqBuilder.java:498)
at java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5.internal.tools.Kinit.acquire(Kinit.java:248)
at java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5.internal.tools.Kinit.<init>(Kinit.java:134)
at java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5.internal.tools.Kinit.main(Kinit.java:96)

However, when I run simple kinit from C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\bin>kinit it is suceeded and krb ticket is creating on defalt location.

we have created the keytab file using below command

ktpass /princ HTTP/webserver.org.com@ORG.com /mapuser ORG\username /crypto AES256-SHA1 /pass ******* /ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL /out C:\Temp\KeyTab\webserver.org.com.keytab

and my krb5.ini entries are...

[libdefaults]
default_realm = ORG.COM
forwardable=true

[realms]
ORG.com = {
kdc = doamincontroller.org.com
}

[domain_realm]
org.com= ORG.COM
.org.com= ORG.COM

Documentation I am following :

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/p1871e69gmwdr0n1o182krslc10p.htm

Can you please suggest how I could get around this issue?.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

The error is complaining about the encryption types specified when creating the keytab file.

Your command specified an encryption type of AES256-SHA1. Based on this error, the default_tkt_enctypes configured in krb5.conf/ini does not include that encryption  (in this case you aren't specifying this so I'm not sure what default it's using). You could try adding the -e option to your kinit command to specify which encryption type you'd like rather than relying on the default setting.

For example kinit ... -e aes256-cts

--
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

@gwootton : Issue was with the AD user did not have required encryptions methods enabled, finally got around the issue and moving forward.

However, I am testing/validating my connection using the step '(Optional) Validate the Previous Steps" on below page but I am receiving message as I am logging as a public. I do have my user created with both DefaultAuth and web auth domains and metadata is authenticated properly with my user when I tried to login SASStudio client. attached is the error/warning from SASStudio1_1 wrapper.log

can you suggest where this could be going wrong?.

SASkira_0-1690207147552.png

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/n1bhp608f0hsoen10i1vi0p9l5f7.htm

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This message means authentication was successful but the user lookup in Metadata is not producing a result. As you are able to log in when you manually specify a user ID this suggests the user ID being provided by IWA/Kerberos does not match the user ID you enter manually. You may need to add the realm to the user definition in Metadata:

Windows User ID Formats
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bisecag/n1xabf7u29o4lfn1l7l8ac7bfxme.htm
--
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

enabling required Encryption on the Delegated user fixed the issue

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation