BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rdic65
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

here is an issue that I experiment when I try to use an MBL with Encryption.

After I've configured a Secure Library I try to use the encrypted contents with SAS Base client (or SAS Foundation client if prefer).

Here is the code that I use from my workstation:

%MACRO OPTMETADS;
options metaserver='metadataserver'
metaport=8561
metauser="user"
metapass="password"
metaprotocol=bridge
metarepository=Foundation;
%MEND OPTMETADS;

%optmetads;

%LET SERV=server 7551;
OPTIONS REMOTE=SERV COMAMID=TCP;
signon SERV user='user' password='password';

rsubmit;
libname seclib 'Y:\testcifr';
endrsubmit;

libname rseclib slibref=seclib server=SERV;

The first step is to authenticate to Metadata Server, the second is to provide a sign on to a server where then I execute a remote libname statement. Finally I assign the remote library locally, with the slibref option.

All of this works except when I try to consult (browse) the dataset in the rseclib, i.e. the remote lib locally referenced.

The result is a message box with this information: "Missing ENCRYPTKEY option on member..." and a prompt for the encryption key.

In fact, if I fill the request with the key the dataset opens. 

If I try to execute the following code all goes well:

rsubmit;
data pippo;
set seclib.datasetsec (obs = 10);
run;

endrsubmit;

But if I try to execute not in remote submit, i.e. using the slibref I catch the same error message (coherent).

Another interesting test that I have done was to assign the library directly, without having to do a remote signon; like this:

libname seclib '\\servername\testcifr';

With this libname all goes well, as I expected!

What is the matter?

Thank you all

Roberto

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I think that the REMOTE engine does not use the remote library to read the MBL object file that contains the reference to the metadata entry. It receives the dataset file as a stream, recognizes the encryption, and then prompts you. This might be an oversight by SAS; bring this to the attention of SAS Technical Support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation