BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey all,

I'm having troubles with management console (9.4M3) when exporting data queries.

When I do an export of a data query it completes with an error (see error below).

If I import the exported query to another server I end up with a query that I cannot delete. I did found more info about this on the support page where they say its caused by missing data in the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform Database. http://support.sas.com/kb/57/237.html From this I concluded that the problem is a failed export from the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform yet I don't know how to fix this.

Some more info:

- Using an unrestricted metadata user + windows admin user.

- Windows 10 server

INFO  - ******** Exporting Metadata ********
INFO  - Metadata exported successfully.
INFO  - ******** Exporting Content ********
INFO  - Exporting content for Visual data query objects.
INFO  - Reading content for visual data query "INDIV_DETAIL_NL"
ERROR - Could not retrieve the database information for visual data query "INDIV_DETAIL_NL".  Reason org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.convertHttpInvokerAccessException(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:213)
org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.invoke(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:145)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:176)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:198)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:198)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invoke(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:212)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.getServiceByInterface(Unknown Source)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientHttpServiceProxy.initialize(SASClientHttpServiceProxy.java:66)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:197)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invoke(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:212)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.generateUrl(Unknown Source)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getCasUrlViaUrlGenerator(QueryDbUtil.java:137)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.setConfiguration(QueryDbUtil.java:244)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getQuery(QueryDbUtil.java:420)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getQueryReader(QueryDbUtil.java:505)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.VisualDataQueryExportListener.exportContent(VisualDataQueryExportListener.java:111)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.ExportHandler.exportContent(ExportHandler.java:596)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.ExportHandler.runExport(ExportHandler.java:519)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.ExportExecutePanel$ExportThread.launchOperation(ExportExecutePanel.java:76)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.AbstractExecutePanel$ExecutionThread.run(AbstractExecutePanel.java:437)
INFO  - ******** Analyzing Connections ********
INFO  - The following connections will need to be mapped to target values when this package is imported:
2 Table mappings:
   - INDIV_DETAIL_NL
   - INDIV_DETAIL_NL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

The real reason why it didn't work for me was because I was using 'Integrated Windows Authentication' (the single sign-on) to login to the server. For the environment that we have here SSO doesn't work for a few things so we usually don't use it to login. I must have accidently set it in the connection profile.

So my problem was that I accidently set my login to Single sign-on instead of using username and password.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JerryV
SAS Employee
What happens if you try exporting using a metadata user that has access to view and execute the query? If the query accesses an RDBMS I recall some issue using a metadata unrestricted user and RDBMS passwords.
Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

I made a new metadata user, gave him unrestricted access and the export worked.

However I do not know why. I gave the user the same rights as me and the export kept on working. I played a bit with the access and it doesn't seem to be related to RDBMS passwords.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.

Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

The cause of the problem was that I logged in using the single sign-on instead of just filling in my username and password. This is because single sign-on is not configured here.

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8
HI Jerry,
I am getting the same error, I have view and execute access as well for the data queries. Yet i am not able to export the data queries.
Please kindly detail ,how i can rsolve this issue.
sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Jensy,

Could you please kindly let me know how you resolved the VA data query export error.I am also  gettging the same error and i tried with all the possibilities with a user who has both view and execute permissions. But while importing the data query i am getting a new error as no instance match found. Please kindly let me know how you have resolved this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

The real reason why it didn't work for me was because I was using 'Integrated Windows Authentication' (the single sign-on) to login to the server. For the environment that we have here SSO doesn't work for a few things so we usually don't use it to login. I must have accidently set it in the connection profile.

So my problem was that I accidently set my login to Single sign-on instead of using username and password.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation