BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
haibh
Calcite | Level 5

I use sas management console connect to sas meta with user "sasadm@saspw",  after create server, library then register table,  have error:

---

NOTE: SAS Initialization used (Total process time):
real time 0.07 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

NOTE: The autoexec file, /u01/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/autoexec.sas, was executed at server initialization.
1 LIBNAME LIBPOSG ODBC DATAsrc=postgresdb1 USER=postgres PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;
NOTE: Libref LIBPOSG was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: ODBC
Physical Name: postgresdb1
2 The SAS System 18:19 Friday, June 30, 2023

3 proc metalib
4 ;
4 ! omr (LIBURI="A5FSLUGQ.B5000006"
5 user="sasadm@saspw" password=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
6 );
7 REPORT(type = summary out = "tab_info");
8 SELECT ("CAS_USERS"
9 );
10 FOLDERID = "A5FSLUGQ.AA000002";
11 run;

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: connection to server at "10.4.18.143", port 5432 failed: FATAL: password
authentication failed for user "postgres"
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE METALIB used (Total process time):
real time 0.24 seconds
cpu time 0.10 seconds

4 REPLIES 4
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
From your post the  is "ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: connection to server at "10.4.18.143", port 5432 failed: FATAL: password
authentication failed for user "postgres""
Can you please check the connection to postgres using odbc manager at the OS level ?

haibh
Calcite | Level 5
at the OS level, on sas app, use isql test odbc is ok
[main-sas@dc-sas-app ~]$ isql postgresdb1 postgres ************
+---------------------------------------+
| Connected! |
| |
| sql-statement |
| help [tablename] |
| quit |
| |
+---------------------------------------+
SQL>
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

After seeing that you are able to connect to the postgres and my understanding if wat you are attempting to do,
I have the following suggestions.
1.If it is desired to create odbc session and resgister tables better to use SASMC
2.I see that odbc connection is being created in the workspace server session. So table registration is not needed.
Access control can be managed at the database level itself.
3.Are you trying to follow this example ?
https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/engimap/p09tt26phccdlbn17aw01bavqtdj.htm 

Please have a look at theis link http://support.sas.com/kb/13/848.html 

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I have a vague memory that there is something special with the unrestricted user sasadm@saspw and external passwords. Something related to security. 

Also sasadm@saspw is an internal user that shouldn't have an external user associated. To register your tables SAS will need to create a SAS session which requires an external user.

Try and use a different user that's not unrestricted to register your tables. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation