BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Guiluiz
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Folks!

Is there any way to view all scheduled jobs on metadata? I woul like to create a daily report using SAS EG that describs all the events that will be triggered in my system.
I am using LSF/Process Manager to schedule my jobs. I was wondering if exist any LSF log or something like this to retrieve this information

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I wrote some rudimentary code that does this, assuming your computer server(s) have access to the file system/directory where Platform Process Manager is installed and is also on Unix/Linux platform. Let me know if you're interested and I can get it to you tomorrow if someone esle hasn't already done so.
CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi...

I've attached some code i made some time ago... I think you can use it. If not directly, then for inspiration...

It's made to run in Base SAS on the server running the metadata-server...

Good luck 🙂

mpratapwar
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chris. The code is very useful. Is there anyway to extrat details like if the job is completed succesfully or not? Basically I want generate report which tells how many jobs are executed along with there status.

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @Guiluiz

(Might not be helpful but...)

Bjobs might be useful to list all scheduled jobs.

You can use the output to build your report.

Cheers,

Damo

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Here's my code. I think the only requirement is that you have read access to the Platform Process Manager installation folder from your SAS session

mpratapwar
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Timmy. The code is very useful. Is there anyway to extrat details like if the job is completed succesfully or not? Basically I want generate report which tells how many jobs are executed along with there status.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Guiluiz,

what version of SAS are you using? And what SAS Solution? And what is your scheduler? Process Manager (LSF), Windows Task Scheduler, cron/at, or any other job scheduler?

I would not get the information from the metadata because of many reasons: not easy to query this data, but also, and since I see it is one of your objectives, the metadata does not save (and does not know) if a job executed successfully or failed, or its status. 

Therefore, the best you can do is to query your job scheduler, and then you can get the return code, status, etc.

Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @Guiluiz

I work for a dedicated SAS Parner and we recognize your needs and as such our company has created a Job Monitor that will give real time information on jobs that have completed, are currently running and future scheduled jobs based on information in the metadata and information from LSF. It has a web interface that will provide information on when the job started, how long it is/has been running and also provides information on how the current run time compares to completed runs in the past (of course the latter only when statistics have been collected).

The latest version of our Job Monitor is freely available from GitHub and is shared under the GNU 3 license.

Unfortunately we do not have a video available for the latest version, but you can get an impression of an earlier version of the Job Monitor in this video.

--Resa

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 in conversation