BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reneeharper
SAS Employee

Christina Harvey wrote a blog post that links to lots of references for SAS administrators.  These are great references. You can check them out here http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/07/30/sas-administrators-whats-on-your-bookshelf/.   A few of you have already added your ideas to the list.  Do you have others?

What would you recommend to someone taking on the SAS administration role?

2 REPLIES 2
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

I think if someone is taking on the SAS administration role I would recommend for them to understand and define what that role entails. Greg Nelson eloquently describes the various roles of a SAS administrator: strategy, architecture, installation, monitoring, maintenance and support. He has a fantastic mind map outlining these roles which he includes in his blog post A day in the life of a SAS Administrator: Understanding the roles we play - SAS Users

The role of a SAS administration in one organization may require all of these skills and in another organization there may be a team of SAS administrators where each member specializes in a specific area. I think it's important for a SAS administrator to identify what role they play and then to make use of the variety of references and resources with the potential to extend into other areas in the future...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Thank y'all. All of the resources listed are incredibly helpful.

Greg is no stranger to lots of SAS admins, I still have his paper from PharmSUG.

Haikuo

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation