BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wvargasp
Calcite | Level 5
Goodnight.

I have a problem with processes that run and consume too much of my resources on the SAS platform.
 Is there a way to automatically program or implement the end of these processes if they are exceeding 500GB?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
wvargasp
Calcite | Level 5

I have processes that can occupy more than 500GB of my disk when executing them. My question is if there is any way to program in SAS when they come to occupy a lot of space and kill the process.

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

would it be of value to see if the process could be broken into smaller steps?

maybe process 1/4 of the data and then cycle back and do the next 1/4 of the data until it finishes.

or does the end result require the 500 gbs?

wvargasp
Calcite | Level 5

The data can't be divided into small parts. And I want to control the processes that are executed by placing a cap. This with the idea that a single process does not occupy all the space since there are more processes running at the same time.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you talking about SAS WORK space here? If so and your jobs normally can take up 500GB then you should simply size the amount of WORK space on your SAS server to ensure you don't run out of space.

If on the other hand only badly-behaving jobs are causing this problem then perhaps you could consider having a WORK disk quota per user. This is done with OS settings so how you do it depends on what OS your SAS server is running on. Note disk quotas will cause any SAS jobs going over the limit to fail with out of disk space errors for the users going over their limit.

boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I've raised an issue here: https://github.com/Boemska/worktop/issues/6

I'll let you know / update this thread once it's implemented. Or someone else can have a go and send a PR 🙂

Nik

Ishwarkumar
Obsidian | Level 7

Go the path & execute this command manually.

./cleanwork /saswork/SAS/

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation