BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bmsampath
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All ,

Currently the DBRT backup is including the database backup that I want to disable for Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server 9.4 using Json file

Current config

id:     4
                                name:   Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server 9.4
                                sasTierId:      tier3
                                included:       true

Json file content

{
  "name": "Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server 9.4",
  "sasTierId": "tier3",
  "included": false

}

Executed below command using the Json file. It is not updating the config and showing the below message.

Command Executed

./sas-update-backup-config -profile /app/sas/config/Lev2/Backup/Lev2.properties -sourcetype database -inputdata /app/sas/config/Lev2/Backup/ExcludeWIP.json
sas-update-backup-config
        statusCode:     404
        errorMessage:   User provided configuration already exist for given resource.
        remedyMessage:  You can update the existing resource with sas-update-backup-config.

The json output is written to the file: /app/sas/sashome/SASPlatformObjectFramework/9.4/tools/admin/sas-update-backup-config.json

Please help me in getting this resolved.

Thanks,
Sampath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bmsampath,

first of all I would like to say: very interesting question, to investigate it it made me to learn something as well. Let me share it with you.

I would also like to say that the subject could be more indicative if, instead of DBRT it would say something as Backup Tool. My first impression (and second and third) when I read this subject is "what isDBRT?". Perhaps you would receive more answers by changing it.

Coming back to your question:

• the JSON file for the update configuration is a filter. This concept is very important as per below.
  • The message you receive is because you are trying to add additional filters over the same configuration object.
  • Hence, the first thing we can conclude is that you already have a configuration filter, You would need to delete it.
  • You can delete filters as indicated in this link http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n0khpcet4rb0syn191i08w765cw1.htm&docsetVer...
  • Once you delete the filter, you can add a new one.
  • After everychange, I would recommed you to run a sas-display-backup-config command, to ensure the configuration is as you expect.

I have to say, that the policies applied by filters, it is a very clever one, since it would allow to change it right away, I would foresee a lot of corrupted configurations, especially regarding the WIP database, since we would miss to re-apply the configuration for the different internal databases, as SharedServices.

Thumbs up for the creator of this tool and the idea of including the filters.

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bmsampath,

first of all I would like to say: very interesting question, to investigate it it made me to learn something as well. Let me share it with you.

I would also like to say that the subject could be more indicative if, instead of DBRT it would say something as Backup Tool. My first impression (and second and third) when I read this subject is "what isDBRT?". Perhaps you would receive more answers by changing it.

Coming back to your question:

• the JSON file for the update configuration is a filter. This concept is very important as per below.
  • The message you receive is because you are trying to add additional filters over the same configuration object.
  • Hence, the first thing we can conclude is that you already have a configuration filter, You would need to delete it.
  • You can delete filters as indicated in this link http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n0khpcet4rb0syn191i08w765cw1.htm&docsetVer...
  • Once you delete the filter, you can add a new one.
  • After everychange, I would recommed you to run a sas-display-backup-config command, to ensure the configuration is as you expect.

I have to say, that the policies applied by filters, it is a very clever one, since it would allow to change it right away, I would foresee a lot of corrupted configurations, especially regarding the WIP database, since we would miss to re-apply the configuration for the different internal databases, as SharedServices.

Thumbs up for the creator of this tool and the idea of including the filters.

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

Juan

bmsampath
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks a lot @JuanS_OCS. Your info has helped me to fix this issues. Thanks.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation