BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Join our Live Workshop

​​​​​January 31: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET

February 1: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET

SAS® Viya 4 Administration

Understanding the SAS Viya 4 architecture is key to tackling the tasks and responsibilities that come with SAS administration. This administration workshop provides attendees with:

Day 1 Best Practices:

• What is Viya 4?
  • Skill Set needed for Admins
  • SAS9 vs. Viya 3.x vs. Viya 4
  • Intro to Kubernetes?
  • Understanding Viya Architecture
  • Viya 4 Deployment Process
  • Managing SAS Viya
  • Admin Resources

Day 2 Tools:

• SAS Viya Environment Manager
  • Monitoring
  • Command Line Interface (CLI)
  • Overview of Scheduling
  • Promotion
  • Backups
  • Data

Register today. We hope you can join us!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Shelley,

Will the live workshop be recorded?

Who is/are presenting?

What is the style of the workshop? Do attendees get hands-on experience in a workshop SAS Viya environment or is it a webinar style presentation (watch only)?

The registration page is an Office Form with no details on the workshop and presenter/s etc.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

I have a few answers for you and am trying to track down the others. 

Will the live workshop be recorded?  I was told it may not automatically be recorded, but it could be requested.  What I know is that these will be monthly workshops not only covering Viya, but also the SAS 9 Platform.

Who is/are presenting?  I was told it will be the Technical/Architect Experts who are part of Customer Success. The presenters might change from one workshop to another.

What is the style of the workshop? It is live, webinar/presentation style.  I don't know the host platform (Teams or ON24, etc.) but I was told attendees can ask questions if they want.

Do attendees get hands-on experience in a workshop SAS Viya environment? No

The registration page is an Office Form with no details on the workshop and presenter/s etc.   I have asked if they will have a better registration experience for future workshops. Still waiting on a reply.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @ShelleySessoms for investigating my questions with your colleagues and also sharing additional info such as "these will be monthly workshops not only covering Viya, but also the SAS 9 Platform"... helpful for the community to know!

With a local time 11pm start, I was hoping to watch a recording. 😉

Thanks again,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank Michelle for asking, a replay might be great even for America-based or Europe-based audience who won't be able to attend. In my particular case (Paris time), the schedule fits almost perfectly with the afternoon office shift here in Paris (+6h) but our colleagues in Asia/Pacific should have their say too, of course.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 3 in conversation