BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
blashmet
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a registry file I can run that would disable the browser plugin?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

How do I disable Java in my web browser? (oracle java link) en Why should I uninstall older versions of Java from my system?   
This is going to get a little bit to the edge of the area I am moving arround. I needed this all for the issue running SAS.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
blashmet
Calcite | Level 5

I know how to disable Java through the control panel, but you mentioned that the browser plugin is enabled/disabled via the registry. Also, you mentioned that disabling the browser plugin makes one insusceptible to Java vulnerabilities. So I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to disable the Java browser plugin via a simple .reg file?

2) If the browser plugin is disabled for all versions of Java on the system, does one really need to uninstall the old versions?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Blashmet, I do not know what you know about the Windows registry. It has a good name of doing automatization. It has a very bad name as buildng up a lot of a rubbish in it, very bad documented on all vaules an options. Changing names and locations by releases. This is life at the hard-core system level.
1/ Probably Oracle could deliver a reg file for disabling the java plugin, you should ask Larry.

2/ See the note to registry contents, you cannot really trust that. Unistalling is trying to clean that up. Do a research on your contents (regedit).    

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

[Solved] Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 jp2iexp.dll.  (plugin problems java install uninstall)

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

for the big companies...

Installation for Conventional Applets Silent installation has the option not to install the plugin.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation