BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CHUNantes
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello.

We need to create several Oracle libraries pointing to different schema and make a global library for users.

Statements in SAS/Base :

LIBNAME activite ORACLE user='READER' password='{SAS002}0EF2F80158DAF41C3787AC9B00137C19' path='PASTELPRD' schema='ACTIVITE';
LIBNAME admpat   ORACLE user='READER' password='{SAS002}0EF2F80158DAF41C3787AC9B00137C19' path='PASTELPRD' schema='ADMPATIENT';
LIBNAME r_oddpas (activite admpat);

Tables from activite and admpat libraries are displayed in r_oddpas library.

But how to declare r_oddpas in Management Console so we could manage rights using ACT ?

Is it possible ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I haven't looked to see if that's possible but, if it's just about applying the same ACT, then I'd suggest putting the libraries in the same metadata folder and applying the ACT to that rather than explicitly to the libraries. Which is what I'd recommend anyway. If you store table definitions in the metadata then the ACT will also apply to them, which wouldn't necessarily be the case otherwise.

The danger with concatenating database libraries is if there are duplicate table names in different schemas. With my suggestion, to get round this, you could actually make subfolders for each library within the folder that the ACT is applied to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I haven't looked to see if that's possible but, if it's just about applying the same ACT, then I'd suggest putting the libraries in the same metadata folder and applying the ACT to that rather than explicitly to the libraries. Which is what I'd recommend anyway. If you store table definitions in the metadata then the ACT will also apply to them, which wouldn't necessarily be the case otherwise.

The danger with concatenating database libraries is if there are duplicate table names in different schemas. With my suggestion, to get round this, you could actually make subfolders for each library within the folder that the ACT is applied to.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation