BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jed_Klei
Fluorite | Level 6

Good day 

There is this issue where a user will run code (SAS 9 , Enterprise guide 😎 or a querying SAS libraries and not have the data returned to them, but is intermittent.

Sometimes the data is returned and sometimes nothing.

If the code is run by another user , data is returned with no issue.

I am unsure what the issue could be , and have contacted SAS Technical support.

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

LOG from sessions where the data is not returned would be helpful.

Intermittent covers so many possibilities from undefined macro variables. network traffic/bandwidth limits, changed permissions, to code that is dependent on date ran that suggestions are next to impossible that have a good chance of addressing the issue(s).

Jed_Klei
Fluorite | Level 6

I am unable to provide any logs at the moment.

I will check if it is network related , or if it has to do with permissions , thank you for the suggestion

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Jed_Klei 

When you say, "If the code is run by another user, data is returned with no issue."  then this is an issue specific to you. It could possibly be due to your access, networking or the like. Difficult to pinpoint without investigation. As rightly said by @ballardw, posting a log would be helpful.
However, IMHO, the appropriate approach would be to seek assistance from local IT support and the SAS Administrator at your place.  

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If this user has a dedicated PC then you might want to test if this is a PC-related issue or a user account issue. Get the user with the problem to logon to another PC and see if they still get the intermittent problem.

Jed_Klei
Fluorite | Level 6

This has also crossed my mind as a possibility , I think it could be computer related as well .

Will test it

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation