BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @PaulHomes and @alexal!

We have centrify that authenticates the users. Would sssd-krb5-common package still be the one that will make it work? 

alexal
SAS Employee

@RupaJ,

If you are using Centrify, you can resolve the problem just by adding /usr/share/centrifydc/kerberos/lib64/ to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Also, if you do not want to change LD_LIBRARY_PATH, you can create symlinks for these files in /lib64/.

/usr/share/centrifydc/kerberos/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so
/usr/share/centrifydc/kerberos/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
/usr/share/centrifydc/kerberos/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2

alexal
SAS Employee

I just want to say that the problem has been resolved. We have linked SAS to specific GSSAPI modules, changed a few settings in sasauth.conf, and the workspace server.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks so much @alexal for your time!

Just to elaborate on what was done. I was waiting to understand few things. So the delay.

1) Create the symlinks for the GSSAPI libraries on the compute server.

ln -s /lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2 /lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so

2)  Add the enviornment variable in the file level_env_usermods.sh in the path /opt/sas/config/Lev1/ on the compute server

export TKSECURE_GSSAPI_LIBRARY=/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2

3)  Add the below in the file /opt/sas/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin/sasauth.conf on the compute server.

gssLibrary=/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2

4) Add the below script to /opt/sas/config/Lev1/SASApp/WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh

workspace_user=$(whoami)
workspace_user_ccaches=$(find /tmp -maxdepth 1 -user ${workspace_user} -type f -name "krb5cc_*" -printf '%T@ %p\n' | sort -k 1nr | sed 's/^[^ ]* //' | head -n 1)

if test ! -z "$workspace_user_ccaches"; then
            echo "Most recent krb5 ccache found for '${workspace_user}' at '${workspace_user_ccaches}'."
            echo "Cache last modified: $(stat -c%y ${workspace_user_ccaches})"
            export KRB5CCNAME=$workspace_user_ccaches
            echo "KRB5CCNAME has been set to ${KRB5CCNAME}."
else
            echo "No krb5 credentials caches were found in /tmp for '${workspace_user}'."
fi 

I wish SAS documentation is modified to add these steps. It will save so much time. I hope this is useful for someone trying to configure SSO with centrify, 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation