BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I'm using SAS MC to schedule programs. But when I schedule them I'm getting the following error in log file:

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /opt/sas94/config/Lev1/SASApp/ABCD.lst

What is the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi Riana,

I don't know what your program does but to start, what is the behavior if you add an "ods listing close;" statement at the top of your code?

If that does not resolve the issue, we can try to change the default folder where output files are created.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi Riana,

I don't know what your program does but to start, what is the behavior if you add an "ods listing close;" statement at the top of your code?

If that does not resolve the issue, we can try to change the default folder where output files are created.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you @Damo@jklaverstijn @alexal ,adding "ods listing close;" resolve the issue 🙂

But I'm a little curious about the second solution: "... we can try to change the default folder where output files are created.

Can you please explain more about it?  

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

An option I did for our workspace server was to add

cd $HOME

to the WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh file. You can do the same in the sasbatch_usermods.sh.

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @Riana

Great news.

The PRINT System Option: Windows could be what you're looking for.

It will allow you to direct all your *.lst files to a dedicated folder.

Cheers,

Damo

alexal
SAS Employee

@Riana,

The user doesn't have write access to /opt/sas94/config/Lev1/SASApp/. Please see the important comment from @Damo above.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Your info is very lomited but it does ring a bell. Please elaborate if my response misses the point.

Your program tries to create an output file in the default location (current working directory) of the SASApp server. Users are generally not allowed to create files in that location, nor is it recommended.

IF this program is run through the sas data step batch server than configure the log and print locations such that they end up in a more suitable place. This can either be somewhere under the user's home directory (I'm not enthousiastic about that idea) or a specific location dedicated to this purpose. Talk to your SAS administrator about this configuration aspect.

The output location can be configured via SASMC. It's in the properties of DATA Step Batch server.

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation