BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
viswmmo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all!

Does anybody know if there a way to use DNS alias when distributing reports from Visual Analytics.

I have set up VA-server with certificates using alias. When distributing reports from VA our recipients get mail including link that points to hostname, not alias. Leading to certificate error when trying to access report using emailed link. 

Alias: report.ru.com

hostname: bs-ap-201.ru.com

Distributing reports with link pointing to bs-ap-201.ru.com, would like report.ru.com.

Version: Viya 3.5, Visual Analytics 8.5.1

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
viswmmo
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS Technical Support was helpful and provided me with this solution:

# Check value of URL

. /opt/sas/viya/config/consul.conf
export CONSUL_HTTP_TOKEN=$(sudo cat /opt/sas/viya/config/etc/SASSecurityCertificateFramework/tokens/consul/default/client.token)
/opt/sas/viya/home/bin/sas-bootstrap-config kv read --recurse config/application/sas.url.external.viya

# Set new value

export CONSUL_HTTP_TOKEN=$(sudo cat /opt/sas/viya/config/etc/SASSecurityCertificateFramework/tokens/consul/default/client.token)
/opt/sas/viya/home/bin/sas-bootstrap-config kv write --force --key config/application/sas.url.external.viya --value https://report.ru.com

# Restart reportdistribution

sudo systemctl stop sas-viya-reportdistribution-default
sudo systemctl start sas-viya-reportdistribution-default

Now it works!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @viswmmo 

this seems to me as an architectural mistake. SAS will always create reports using the URLs provided in the SAS deployment. If the alias is not defined in the SAS deployment itself, it might be an challenge in certain areas.

But not all is lost: perhaps there is an option to modify this parameter for the report distribution, within the SAS Environment Manager. I would suggest you contact SAS Technical Support for this subject. When you feel wiser, please share with us.

Best regards,

Juan

viswmmo
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS Technical Support was helpful and provided me with this solution:

# Check value of URL

/opt/sas/viya/home/bin/sas-bootstrap-config kv read --recurse config/application/sas.url.external.viya

# Set new value

/opt/sas/viya/home/bin/sas-bootstrap-config kv write --force --key config/application/sas.url.external.viya --value https://report.ru.com

# Restart reportdistribution

sudo systemctl stop sas-viya-reportdistribution-default
sudo systemctl start sas-viya-reportdistribution-default

Now it works!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Really good news, and thanks for sharing!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation